Elder Law, Estate Planning and Estate (Probate) Administration in the Greater Philadelphia area

Some of life’s greatest challenges are legal issues you didn’t plan on or legal issues unexpectedly thrust upon you. Dad may not have planned properly and now that he has passed on, you and your siblings are left to figure out how to settle his “affairs”, fairly and expeditiously. Your child may have special needs and you want to ensure that she will be well taken care of after you are gone.

With our highly knowledgeable and compassionate service, the Estate and Elder Law Office of Bradley Newman takes the pressure off you and your family. We ease your mind by advising and providing the best counsel at all times for protecting your legal interests. 

Our client-centered approach takes into account your physical needs, emotional needs, legal needs, family dynamics, and how they all intersect with one other.


Elder Law

Elder Law is a specialized area of the law that involves counseling and representation regarding a variety of legal issues affecting older adults and their families. Legal issues could involve your Wills or Trusts, Powers-of-Attorney, "Living Wills", governmental benefits, Probate or Medicaid Planning.

Estate Planning (Wills/Trusts) and Estate Administration or Probate

An estate comprises of everything you own.  It allows you to take control over the division of your assets to your heirs during your lifetime or after your death.  Estate planning deals with the money or assets you have worked tirelessly to accumulate.  You should decide how it gets divided and when that should occur.

Special Needs Trusts and Disability Planning

A Special Needs Trust is a Trust established for the benefit of a person with disabilities.  The purpose is to give the disabled person benefit of assets by placing them in a protected Trust rather than leaving them in the disabled person’s possession which would hinder his/her ability to receive important governmental benefits.

Powers-of-Attorney & Living Wills

Powers-of-Attorney for healthcare or finances and “Living Wills” or Advance Directive for Healthcare are important and relatively inexpensive documents where you take control now over who manages your affairs or you take control now over life sustaining measures during end of life treatments when at that point you are no longer able to do so yourself.  Otherwise, a guardianship petition may need to be filed with the Court, which may be cost prohibitive.